The firm, Hukin & Heath, is well known for its production of silver and electroplated commodities in the 1870s and 1880s .
Hukin & Heath silversmiths was established in 1855 in Birmingham by Jonathan Wilson Hukin and John Thomas Heath.
It wasn’t until 1875 when the firm registered its mark in the Birmingham Assay Office. Then in 1879 the founders registered their mark in the London Assay Office.
In 1881 Jonthan Wilson Hukin retired, and then in 1886 John Hartstone Middleton joined as a new partner.
By 1900, the firm was generating and producing goods in electro plated nickel silver (EPNS) and silver, as well as trading in coins, precious metals, stones, leather goods and bullion.
In 1904 the firm was converted into a limited liability company similar to the approach of Hukin & Heath.
Unfortunately, the firm went out of business in 1953.
Please browse our Hukin & Heath (John Thomas Heath & John Hartshorne Middleton) collections below...