Josiah Williams & Co. was based in Bristol, England. They were one of the largest manufacturing silversmiths outside of London, Birmingham, and Sheffield.
Robert Williams entered his first mark in 1832 in Exeter. Then, his two sons James and Josiah joined, and they began trading as Robert Williams & Sons. James and Josiah carried on the family firm when Robert, their father, retired in 1853.
In 1855 the firm was listed as James & Josiah Williams. In 1860 they opened temporary premises in London, and then in 1877 they were listed as operating from Bristol again. It was around 1877 when James Williams retired and the firm became Josiah Williams & Co. The partners involved were Josiah Williams and George Maudsley Jackson. Then in 1879 Josiah retired from the business.
In 1882, the Exeter Assay Office closed, therefore George Maudsley Jackson entered his mark in London.
David Landsborough Fullerton joined the partnership in 1884, and control of the firm was assumed by Fullerton after Jackson retired.
In 1925, the firm became a limited company and traded as Josiah Williams & Co. Ltd until 1940.